Have you been bombarded by seasonal Allergies. It seems like anytime of the year people can experience allergies depending on the part of the country you live in.
I would like to reprint an article by Dr. Frank Painter, Chiropractor on allergies and product called Nutriferon developed by Dr. Kojima who invented Interferon that is currently used by the medical community. However, if you know someone who has use Interferon you may know that it has many negative side effects.
After 10 years of research Dr. Kojima found a unique combination of herbs that actually effectively modulated the immune system without the negative side effects.
There currently is ongoing research in clinical trials on the ingredients in Nutriferon. After the first round of clinical trials the scientist were so impressed that they have continued further studies.
Seasonal Allergies and Nutriferon by Frank Painter, D.C.
Nutriferon is a unique combination of 4 oriental herbal-preparations, which have a long history of use in reducing inflammation and promoting organ health.
Shaklee funded several research projects with NutriFeron (referred to as Kampo Formula EH0202 in those studies) and found that it was effective in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C (1), that it stimulated the immune system and it’s production of natural interferon, (2), and that it also reduced menopause-related symptoms. (3) This is the only herbal product available that has documented the ability to stimulate natural interferon production.
Significant research has already been published about the 4 herbal constituents of NutriFeron. Let’s review them now:
1. Pumpkin seed extract (Cucurbita moschata)
The Chinese describe this as a new “potential anticancer agent” after using it as an anti-toxin treatment against cancer cells (4). It has also been found by Yamanouchi to aid in suppression of IgE antibody in certain allergic disorders. (5)
2. Safflower flower extract (Carthamus tinctorius)
A recent study found that Safflower extract was protective against brain damage caused by reduced blood supply (as with stroke) (6) and offered “significant neuroprotective effects in rats with focal cerebral ischemic injury as expressed by neurological deficit scores and also reduced the infarct area”. Other research found it to be protective of the liver, since it “demonstrated both anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic activities in liver cells”. (7)
3. Asian Plantain seed extract (Plantago asiatica)
Plantain seed extract is “commonly used as folk medicine in Taiwan for treating infectious diseases related to the respiratory, urinary and digestive tracts”, and was found to “possess abroad-spectrum of anti-leukemia, anti-carcinoma and antiviral activities, as well as activities which modulate cell-mediated immunity”. (8) This makes it a broad-spectrum preventative for many infectious diseases.
4. Japanese Honeysuckle flower extract (Lonicera japonica) Japanese Honeysuckle flower extract is a “Chinese herbs known to possess anti-inflammatory properties” and “stimulated increased tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) secretion”. (9)
This stimulation of the tumor necrosis factor makes it capable of suppressing the development of cancer cell lines. It also has been demonstrated to reduce damage to the lining of the colon (10) and liver (11) by exhibiting anti-inflammatory effects and inhibition of factors associated with liver degradation. It has been found to be protective of the liver and is considered a therapeutic agent for inflammatory disease in general.
Many of the diseases associated with aging and stress are inflammatory in nature. NurtiFeron is the most-effective natural therapy currently available for stimulating the release of natural interferon and reducing the damaging side effects of inflammation. And it is only available from Shaklee, the leader in innovative nutritional products!
If you are above the age of 12 and you are prone to seasonal allergies, or if you have a weakened immune system, Nutriferon does a great job at strengthening your natural defenses. Once again Shaklee leads the way in prevention.
Yours in health,
Dr. Frank Painter
(1) An Open-label Study of Administration of EH0202, A Health-food Additive, to Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C
(2) A Pilot Study of a Kampo Formula, EH0202, with Intriguing Results for Menopausal Symptoms
(3) Clinical Efficacy of EH0202, a Kampo Formula, on the Health of Middle-aged Women
(4) Purification and characterization of Moschatin, a novel type I ribosome-inactivating protein from the mature seeds of pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata), and preparation of its immunotoxin against human melanoma cells
(5) Effects of Celosia argentea and Cucurbita moschata extracts on anti-DNP IgE antibody production in mice
(6) Protective effect of hydroxysafflor yellow A on experimental cerebral ischemia in rats
(7) Anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic effects of herbal medicine on hepatic stellate cell
(8) In vitro cytotoxic, antiviral and immunomodulatory effects of Plantago major and Plantago asiatica
(9) Anti-inflammatory activity of herbal medicines: inhibition of nitric oxide production and tumor necrosis factor-alpha secretion in an activated macrophage-like cell line
(10) Inhibitory effect of luteolin on TNF-alpha-induced IL-8 production in human colon epithelial cells
(11) Anti-inflammatory effect of the aqueous extract from Lonicera japonica flower is related to inhibition of NF-kappaB activation through reducing I-kappaBalpha degradation in rat liver
Frank M. Painter, D.C.
“The Doc on The Block”